My critiquemate Lauri Fortino nominated An Awfully Big Adventure for the Sunshine Award. How sweet! Please visit Lauri’s loving reviews of picture books and interviews with picture book authors at Frog On A Blog!
The Sunshine Award asks that you share 10 interesting things about yourself and then spread the love by nominating other noteworthy bloggers for the award. Here goes…
- My very first scuba diving lesson took place in the ocean off of Oahu. I’d never once gone snorkeling at that point. All things considered, I think I did pretty well and I got to see some breathtaking marine life – including a stingray!
- I am a competitive Halloween costume maker. Last year my boyfriend and I stepped out as giant Lego people versions of Walter White and Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad.
- My boyfriend actually met the actor who played Jesse (Aaron Paul) two days ago! Okay, this isn’t about me, but I sure thought it was interesting.
- Following Lauri’s lead in tales of childhood mischief, I once turned the wall in our spare bedroom into my coloring canvass and drew pictures of little people carefully hidden behind an open door. I thought this was incredibly clever and that my parents would never find out. Boy was I wrong!
- I am deathly afraid of heights, but I also want to learn bouldering.
- I was also deathly afraid of driving in Los Angeles, and put off getting my license until I was 26. I didn’t start driving regularly until 27. Now it’s second nature and I can’t imagine life without my car.
- I’ve been to Burning Man twice! Even as a fully-clothed and sober citizen (which I was both times), it was a mind-blowing and highly interactive art and music festival of incomprehensible scope, creativity, and beauty. It’s akin to walking through a Salvador Dali painting for a week. Highly recommended if you’ve ever entertained the idea of going.
- My favorite Sunday workout is with the community of “ring flyers” who congregate at the public traveling rings within Santa Monica’s Original Muscle Beach. One day I hope to do a dislocate (a flip between rings while swinging from one to the next).
- I really want my own garden, but I don’t have a yard. Instead, I have 37 different potted plants on my balcony (herbs, fruits, and veggies).
- When I was a kid, I actively hunted leprechauns. Sadly, the leprechauns remain at large.
Here are my nominations for the Sunshine Award:
Tara Lazar at Writing for Kids (While Raising Them)
Angie Karcher at Writing, Storytelling, Poetry and Illustration